Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Productive Meeting

So living in a building full of artists with different talents is not such a bad thing. Being that this is the case I'm in, I have requested the services of a neighbor upstairs (let us call him Gary), who manages other talents, especially actors and models. This is very helpful for someone writing a stage play, someone like myself.

Well, the other night Gary had over a few of his talents-- two of which are playing the leads in my play-- for dinner. I went by Gary's after they had their eats to meet up with the actors I would be working with. Not only was there left over food and cake-- both picturesque and mightily delicious (thanks to Gary's other talent)-- but the actors were equally pleasant. We had plentiful conversation and the chemistry seemed to be flowing between the three of us, who had never met before. One of the lead actors (aka: Jason) actually flew into NYC from Charlotte, NC to be in this play, so I was very grateful that he pulled through, and I must admit, he was worth holding out for. It was a pleasant night, and we even set a date for a rehearsal, which the two leads agreed would be better if they improvised rather than be on book. I couldn't be happier with that. Freedom to move about creates fantastic moments. Looks like the actors are a check on the checklist: First priority!

 Next up: A mad rush to secure donated lumber to build a stage, taking time off work, rushing to Home Depot to rent a truck and the man who is helping us build the perfect stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment